RSS

Monthly Archives: August 2016

Medical Update

So as it turns out, I have something wrong with my heart. There’s a blockage. The test I took was digital, in a manner of speaking. It could only tell whether or not there was a blockage. I don’t know how severe it is, or where exactly it is.

I have an appointment on Thursday for a consultation with a cardiologist, after which they will schedule a procedure down in Houston.

The problem is logistics. The doctor won’t know what needs to be done until the procedure is underway. Best case, I go home that afternoon with a treatment plan primarily made up of pharmaceuticals. The middle case is that I have to have stents inserted, which means an overnight stay and three to five days a rehabilitation where I can’t drive. Worst case, I have to have a bypass, which could mean months of rest and rehabilitation. Not the best situation when you’re living out in the boonies in a teardrop trailer!

I’m trying to handle the logistics now. A friend has put me in touch with a not-for-profit organization that offers a place to stay for people in my situation. I hope to have an answer in a couple of days as to whether they’ll be able to put me up in the event I need a place to stay, long term. I had another friend who’s offered to put me up for a few days if all I need are stents. So we’ll see what happens.

The big question is arranging care for Frank. One of the people at the not-for-profit is a big dog lover, and I was told that they might have some ideas. What I’ll have to arrange for will probably be something along the lines of foster care. A place where he can stay for an extended time period without me having to give him up.

I don’t know yet what this does to me travel plans. Obviously. My initial thought was that I would resume my itinerary in October, picking up in Virginia and heading south in the Florida before returning to Texas around Christmas. I may wind up just staying here, though. I don’t know that I want to do that much travel over such a short period of time.

The other consideration is whether. This area is projected to have an unseasonably wet winter. If you remember this place, the Triple Creek music and RV Park that I stayed at last February, it’s at the end of a three mile dirt road, out in the boonies. We were cut off from the mainland last February for a while after along rain. Hell, we were cut off for most of the past week, too! I really don’t know that I want to have to deal with that on a regular basis while I’m recuperating, or even if I’m fully recovered!

The other thought I had Kama assuming I fully recover in a short period of time, is to head to New Mexico for the winter. There are some places in the southern part of the state that offer some very inexpensive RV parking and we keep us out of a winter of inclement weather.

But first things first. I’ll post something after I visit with the doctor with an update on our accommodations.

Thoughts and prayers are appreciated. Thanks as always for everyone’s support.

 

Advertisements
 
5 Comments

Posted by on August 23, 2016 in Planning

 

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

In Limbo

Actually, we’re back in Texas. Back at the Triple Creek RV and Music Park. We’ve been here for a month now.

Long story and I don’t have the capacity to put in a lot of details. My laptop crapped out before we left, my phone did the same and it’s been downhill since there. I managed to pick up a new phone, but even that one proved to be defective and I just replaced it this afternoon.

We’re back in Texas because of my health. In summary, my health insurance only works in Texas. The exception is for emergency room treatment, and I was at the point where I had to see a doctor. So we went back 2 Woodville. While here, the doc has raised some concerns about my cardiovascular system, so I’m seeing a cardiologist now as well. I’m awaiting test results for that.

I have cancelled reservations through the end of September. I’m hoping to be back on the road and continuing on with the reservations that we’ve made past themn, but at this point I don’t know whether that will happen or not. Knock on wood.

I’m short on funds, so I’ve not been able to replace the laptop yet and trying to update the blog through my phone is proving to be problematic. So my apologies for not posting anything recently.

Mood isn’t great right now. I’m in limbo. But I’m managing. Will have more news, and hopefully a new laptop, by mid month.

A lot’s happened since the last post, relative to doctor’s visits, the weather, and Frank. I even lost him for a couple of days when he escaped from a kennel while I was in the ER. That’s a whole blog post in and of itself. The good news is we found him.

Stay tuned. Again I’m sorry I’ve not been able to post, but will do everything I can to get everybody updated as soon as possible thanks for bearing with us.

 
3 Comments

Posted by on August 2, 2016 in Travels

 

Tags: , , , , , , , ,